We can´t think of a more heart warming feeling than zipping a hot mulled drink during this chilly season…and we have our very own recipe to get you going!
Here’s what we do:
* 1 bottle Abelha Organic Cachaça Gold (3 year old)
* Zest half an orange into the pot (make sure the oils from the skin spray onto the liquid)
* Juice of an orange (can use more to taste)
* 2 cinnamon sticks
* Teaspoon of cloves
* a piece of finely chopped fresh ginger.
* about 8 teaspoons of fine light brown sugar
There different things you can do like caramelise the sugar first for a richer flavour, but we were hungover and I wanted a drink as quickly as possible. So we went for the time honoured method of putting everything in the pot and heating it.
You only really need to mull it for a short amount of time (10-15 mins max) as because it’s strong alcohol it picks up flavours very quickly from the ingredients. Serve in little cups with a cinnamon stick to make it nicer and enjoy with your friends and family!